Access Statement For Star Cottage
Star Cottage is a two room, bed and breakfast, en-suite accommodation in an eighteenth century listed building. There is a barn conversion to accommodate self catering or bed and breakfast guests. Whilst breakfast is served downstairs the bedrooms and bathrooms are on the first floor accessed by a straight staircase. The barn has a bedroom area, en-suite shower and w.c. and kitchen/dining area separated from the bedroom by two steps. The doors and windows of the building are of a period and are listed to remain as originally designed.
- Fax and internet facilities are available. All details available in large print upon request. A bus serves Fulbrook from Monday to Saturday Route 233 from Witney. Local taxi services are good. Collection from Charlbury railway station can be arranged. Burford is 10 minutes walking and two minutes by car. We can provide additional provisions if required. Witney shopping centre has a mobility scheme and radar toilets. Witney is 8 miles from Star Cottage. The accommodation is suitable for guests with visual and hearing impairments who are accompanied.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Car parking is on street and there has been no problem parking outside the cottage. Access from the road involves five stone steps which are slightly uneven being constructed from local field stones. Distance from road to front door is ten metres on a slight incline. The path is 50 cm wide at the narrowest point with lawns either side. The gate and front door are 85 cm wide. Provision can be made for dog bowls. A large Enjoy England Tourist sign is visible from the road. We will assist any guests into the cottage. we have street lighting. There are no ramps or hand rails.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door is the best access. Each of the five stone steps are about 10cm in height. There are no hand rails and the surface is slightly uneven being of natural, local stone. The front door has a bell pull and knocker. Paper and pens are available on arrival. Two keys can be provided for the front door and room. Seating is provided in the reception room. We greet each guest personally. The front door is a single left hand hung inside opening door. The entrance is lit inside and out. The door mat is not fixed to the floor. The floor is level throught the reception/breakfast room. The reception room leads to the garden via two doors and two steps of 15cm and 20cm The doors are 72cm wide opening inwards. The floor is stone the walls and skirting are off white.
Public Areas – General
- After exiting the main building there is a gravel and stone path gently inclined and curved 1 metre wide and 30 metres to the gate of the barn entrance area. The picket gate is 90cm wide and 106cm high. There are two steps 18cm high to a paved patio area. The entrance to the barn is by outward opening door 80cm wide. There are then two down steps into the kitchen/dining area.
- The garden is accessed via two steps of 15cm and 25cm through two doors 72cm wide to a gravel and stone path 1metre wide, surrounded by stone walls 55cm high at maximum.
- There are four garden lights to show path and steps. There is no W.C outside.
- The bedrooms are not suitable for wheelchair users. There are eleven 20cm high steps to the bedrooms with bannister on right hand side. The stair well has a smoke detector with no flashing lights. The bedrooms are through 85cm wide doors. The en-suite bathroom in room 1 is up one step 17cm in height and through an 85cm doorway. The floor surface is fitted carpet on the stairs and in the bedroom. The bathroom is painted wood floor. Three halogen ambient lights illuminate the stairs. The bedroom has a centre light and four standard lamps. The bathroom has four halogen spot lights. There is a double bed and a single bed both 57 cm high. The carpet is blue the walls are cream. The skirting is white. The kettles are cordless. The rooms are not pet free. The pillows are non feather. The building is non smoking throughout. Room 2 has a centre light two bedside lamps and two dressing table lamps. The bed is 60cm high and 152cm (5’) wide. The length of the bed is 2metres.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite]
- The bathroom in room 1 is ensuite and accessed via a step of 17cm high and 85cm wide doorway. The bathroom is 2.9m X 2.7m with fitted carpet throughout. The right hand hung door opens inwards and locks on the inside only. There is a standard bath with mixer taps and hand held shower. There is no alarm cord or hand rail. The bath surround is 52cm high, the basin height is 84cm and toilet seat is 41cm high. The basin has a hot and cold tap. The shower room in room 2 is accessed through a door 51cm wide. The bathroom has 2 halogen lights and an led strip above the mirror. The w.c pedestal is 38cm high. The shower door opens to 44cm wide and there is an 11cm high shower floor surround. The floor of the shower room is stone pebble. The top of the basin is 90cm high.
- Accessed as described from the house through public area. Entrance door to the barn is 80cm wide. There are two 23cm steps down into the kitchen/dining area. There are three halogen lights and two wall lights. The kitchen work top is 90cm high. The dining table is 78cm high 78 cm wide and 151cm long. Seating runs the length of the table each side at 48cm high. The bedroom is through a gap 74cm wide and two steps 14cm each down.
- The shower room is through a 65cm wide door. The w.c. pedestal is 42cm high. The top of the basin is 97cm above floor level. Shower is accessed through an opening 74cm wide and 7cm step up. The shower has a plain glass surround and stone tiled back walls. Shower room illumination is from three halogen lights.
- There are stone floors throughout with underfloor heating. The bedroom has three bedside lights and two table lamps and three wall lights. The double bed is 138cm (4’6”) wide 64cm high and 2 metres long. The single bed is 70cm (2’3”) wide 64cm high and 2 metres long.
A paddle stair ladder leads to a storage platform of wood construction and restricted in height. The stairs are 57cm wide 13 steps are each 20cm high.
Grounds and Gardens
- A floor plan is provided showing escape routes. A torch is provided. We recommend an able bodied person accompanies anybody with moblity hearing or visual impairments to aid evacuation. Dog bowls can be provided. We can store any medications in a fridge upon request.
- Address: Star Cottage Meadow Lane Fulbrook Burford Oxon OX18 4BW
- Telephone: 01993 822032
- Fax: 01993 823231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grid reference: SP258128
- Hours of operation: 24 hours
- Emergency number: 07811 946650
- Local carers: 01295 264545
- Local equipment hire companies: 01865 882128
- Local public transport numbers: 01865 772250
- Local accessible taxi numbers: 01993 771072
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01993 822032 or email email@example.com